Thursday, October 29, 2009

Full of good intentions

Hello All,

I was grateful when Karen started this up again because I missed the boat on the first one. It was an intense summer with both kids at home. The intensity continues, but in a different way. I started a full-time job, which I love, but one month in, my supervisor (only other person) came down with swine flu and was out for three weeks. I didn't mind that it was busy, but it was exhausting. Then I went out of town for a few days (first time being away overnight by myself in over five years!), then the viruses struck our house (not flu, or so the little one's test said, but it sure as fuck feels like flu.) Me and the five year old stuck at home today.

That said, I was making progress with my health, and hubby's, until we started getting sick. When I started my full-time job, I was worried about fitting in exercise, but it has worked out well for me to get in four workouts at set times during the week. I'm approaching the level of fitness I had when I got pregnant with my second daughter, but unfortunately, when stress or illness sets in, I slip back. I didn't know that little Halloween packets of Skittles were a good sick food, but turns out they are. :/ It's so hard to get back on track after the momentum stops.

Goal-wise, here is where I am: I want to lose all the baby weight. For me, it's the ten pounds that went on overnight when the little one weaned. I want to run the half-marathon in February. I want to inspire hubby to take care of himself, since the weight he's put on has caused him to have to increase his blood pressure medication and be on cholesterol-lowering medication. He's a few days shy of 39. Perhaps most importantly, if I don't maintain regular physical activity, I have a harder time dealing with stressors. We're about to add a huge amount of stress (selling house) and I can, unfortunately, see our health maintenance go by the wayside.

No comments:

Post a Comment