Thursday, July 9, 2009

cleaning my closet


I've spent this week purging
my closet
It was hard a couple of days ago as I pulled things out that I love(d?) but that no longer fit
I have no doubt they'll fit again, but they don't now and therefore are cluttering my space

I dreamed of a clothes pawn
a place I could bring the things I love(d) to for a bit of cash but could get them back if I fit into them by a certain agreed upon time
If I didn't, I lost them

But then I decided it was time to let them go
I had a greater good
I was bringing them to Plato's Closet to sell, I'd get store credit and give it to my young one to spend on school clothes...it made it easier to let go.
I kept my inspiration shirt,
an awesome pair of pants that were bought WITH the inspiration shirt, and a pair of jeans...I had about 5 pairs of jeans...figured the "saved" pair would be my "you're here...now shop" pair.

Turns out the Closet didn't want a lot of what I brought
I wound up with just shy of 20 bucks
which works...because this weekend they have a "fillabagwithclearanceitemsfor20buckssale" so I'll let the wee one get a jump start on school shopping
But the bag is still in my trunk
it's not coming back in
i'll find someplace else for it to go
but the vacuum has been created in my space
and it is calling the new me

No comments:

Post a Comment