Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Doldrums

Feeling like I'm in the healthy living doldrums right now. Holiday weekend, sick kid, emotional stuff going on (may or may not be related to PMS) ... just all kind of bleh. I did find out that although I enjoy Barilla Pasta Plus as a hot dish, it does not make the best cold pasta salad, which made it kind of a waste of homemade pesto, sundried tomatoes and asparagus. We diligently ate it anyway. Again, bleh.

Hey Angel, is Mercury in retrograde right now? I'm having some weird interpersonal communication snafus that I can't really chalk up to anything specific. So, while I'm not coping with food that I can discern, I'm also not energetically pursuing exercise. Only went once last week, and with a sick child, this week's not looking much better. I went today, so that's something. Also, screw this effing weather. When 99 is a break from the heat, I've had about as much as I can stand. I usually don't feel this way until August. Say it with me: bleh.

How's everyone else doing? Have we hit the proverbial plateau in this enterprise. How shall we overcome it?

2 comments:

  1. Not due for another Retrograde until September. I don't think I've hit a plateau; I think I've just incorporated a more conscious way of being over these past few weeks (don't "they" say it takes 21 days to create a new habit?). Scale says I've dropped 2 pounds and I know that only because I'm playing that Biggest Loser game at work. Funny, I haven't exercised much in the past week so ironic that I should lose weight when I'm NOT trying to (maybe that's the whole point, don't try). Anyone checked on Karen recently in light of the crap that was dumped on her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A plateau would've been nice, but I went straight from up to down.

    ReplyDelete