Monday, June 15, 2009

Can I do it again?

We managed our not eating out last week (save for the kid insisted trip to Chick Fil A that we managed to put off til Friday). In fact, we didn't even go to the grocery store last week. How did I stockpile that much food and not realize it? Yikes! I feel good about the impact that must have had on our budget.

* I've been doing better with my 5 a day, but I'm not sure I get 5 every day. I definitely get at least one, though, and I know that's an improvement.
* I've stopped packing on the pounds. I don't know that I've lost any, but I can tell things are getting any tighter. Thank the gods! This wasn't necessarily a stated goal because I don't want this to be about the weight loss. It was kind of disheartening to feel my clothes getting tighter and tighter, though.

I like Angel's apple a day. I bought some of those yesterday because I've been loving them with peanut butter - protein and fruit. Awesome!

Tonight, though - happy hour! A margarita counts as a fruit, right? And fries with dill ranch are a veggie? Yeah...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing really well Melia! Are you like me and just don't like many fruits and veggies? I have so much trouble fitting them in, especially the veggies. I have found a few I like, and I am REALLY digging (fuji) apples now, especially with peanut butter, yum!

    ReplyDelete