Saturday, June 6, 2009

How Thirty Days of Health Might Be Like Thirty Days of Night



Consider the following:


  • They have monstrous creatures with lightning speed and incredible strength that appear from nowhere and drag victims off into the darkness; I have monstrous cravings with lightning speed and incredible strength that appear from nowhere and drag me off into the darkness.

  • They have super hottie Josh Hartnett to help them battle the Villainous Demons that would tear them limb from limb; I have super hottie Husband to help me battle the Villainous Donuts that would tear my resolve limb from limb.

  • That cold ain't the weather. That's death approachin'; That cold ain't the weather. That's ice cream sandwiches approachin'.

  • Survivors must creep in silence from one shadow to another, ever mindful of the bloodthirsty ambushers that could be waiting around any corner and oh my god don't move don't even breath please don't see me please don't see me jesus please don't see me and see? Thirty Days of Health and Thirty Days of Night may as well be one and the same!

5 comments:

  1. I suggest you focus on bullet point number two :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, instead of focusing on taking something away--which I manage to fail at miserably and is probably why I'm no longer Catholic because I could never make it through Lent--I'm going to focus on ADDING something healthy to this month. My hubby (while unfortunately not Josh but looks like Nathan Petrelli from Heroes before the dude got all anoerxic) gets to go do his sport 3 nights a week so my 3 nights will be devoted to movement. I will go to kundalini one of those nights and I will go walking the other two. Maybe I'll even get up to a good jog if I imagine Josh in front of me. Growl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding something healthy is good, good, good! I'm definitely going to be doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny, Karen. Not that the goal is funny, but the way you write about it is. :)

    ReplyDelete