Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Failure, Krispy Kreme Is Thy Name

And wouldn't you know it, Failure tastes just as good as I remember.

Afterward, I was more ashamed than I had thought I would be.

But after that, I actually felt better and stronger than I had thought I would. I hadn't realized (or I did, but subconsciously smothered the realization so it wouldn't stop me from getting the donuts) that I was actually afraid that if I screwed up once, I wouldn't be able to get back on the wagon. That it would actually be all over from there, this journey would be killed and I'd be back in that place, that awful place I was two weeks ago.

Oh, how sweet, how freeing, how powerful it is to know that this time, it's different. For sure. Because I can screw up, and then after that I can pick myself back up, dust myself off, and haul my ass back onto that wagon.

I'm back in a good frame of mind. Today for lunch, I had a salad. I don't have salads for meals, people. But I had a salad, a big one. And when I was still hungry after? I had a banana and a handful of walnuts.

I am going to do this.

I am going to do this.

I AM doing this.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE doing this!

    And you're right, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over agaaaiiinnn. *singing*

    ReplyDelete