Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fairy Dust, Butterfly Snot, and Feathers From an Angel's Wing

Do you have any I could borrow? Because those may be the things needed to help me stick to my goals, which will include but may not be limited to:

No! BAD Karen!

  • donuts
  • cookies
  • any other baked good sugary deliciousness
  • store-bought soda (From restaurants is OK. As we all know, the shiny glasses eating establishments serve their refreshments in renders them calorieless.)
  • candy. Period.
  • sitting on my ass all day
  • croissants


Yes! Do this!

  • drink water
  • be more active
  • eat vegetables every day
  • eat fruits every day
  • get enough protein
  • get enough sleep


No, you don't have to be insane to be me, but it helps.

4 comments:

  1. This is how I had to eat when I was told I had gestational diabetes. I spent about 2 months eating this way and I survived. That's what I'm reminding myself about.

    It really wasn't that bad. What I liked about it was that you need to eat throughout the day so I was eating bkfst, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack!

    The snacks always had a protein and a carb. So I'd have a boiled egg, or 1/4 cup pecans, cheese, or meat, and then some low-calorie chocolate pudding (LOVED THAT!) or 2 graham crackers.

    It was easy for me to do the snacks. Harder to eat the vegetables I needed.

    Anyway, I'm doing this because my tummy now has a pooch that I didn't have after Jason AND because I still weigh ~8 lbs more than I did before Kara was born AND my hip hurts and 41 seems too young for hip pain.

    So when is/was the official start date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to start on the same day I am, but my start date is Tuesday. Gulp! So Lani are you going to do the same eating plan you did for the GD?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do a modified eating plan based on that. Modified because I don't remember where my notes are and I don't want to be that tied down.

    BUT, it will be pretty close. Way less sugar, fewer carbs, more water and more vegetables. No more candy bars!

    *sniff* I'll miss you, Almond Joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum, Almond Joy FTW!

    Uh, I mean, boo Almond Joy.

    Are you starting Tuesday??

    ReplyDelete