Wednesday, June 10, 2009

expanding the horizons of "healthy"

just food for thought (and no, karen, sorry, it doesn't taste like a donut):

one month of healthy living doesn't have to be solely focused on physical health. treat yourself to a little bit of emotional lovin' or cerebral lovin' too, if you need it. actually, you probably DO need it since body and mind are so intertwined. so on days when you're prone to bash yourself for "failing" to meet a physical goal you set for yourself, look to other parts of your day where you lathered on the lovin'...or where you would have liked a little self-induced TLC.

play along: if you were forbidden from making any healthy PHYSICAL changes over the next 30 days, what would you focus on?

focusing on the ADDITION of healthly habits and behaviors and attitudes because who we kiddin'? tempetation ain't goin' anywhere.

angel

ps: 94 effing degrees IN THE SHADE at 5:30 pm according to my patio thermometer??? sweetbabyjesus. and on my walking day. you'll find me at the gym instead of the pond tonight, ladies. how soon 'til october?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. It's interesting, but my eating problems are so mental and physical and emotional and entwined and ridiculous... not eating crap for thirty days IS psychological/emotional lovin' because I am giving myself a break from the torture of doing it. I still have the torture of thinking about it all the time and wanting it, but I had that before anyway. A break from the torture of the constant "Should? Shouldn't I? Don't do it! Why am I doing it? I will do A and B but not C. Why am I eating this even though I'm full?" etc etc etc... that does feel mighty good. Because I am simply not gonna do it. And if I screw up, I'll move it past and and not do it again. Ad infinitum.

    ReplyDelete