Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm sticking around

So my quest to a healthier life started last week, and the week before that, and then a couple months ago, oh and last year's start was really awesome, and when I got married, and before that trip to NYC, and, and, and, and....

I'm really good at starts. It's the maintaining part that's a bitch.

I've been walking two miles every day, drinking more water, and keeping track of what I put in my mouth. I'm doing pretty good so far- but that's not the problem, it's when I don't do so good that I'm worried about.

So my goal this month (and this blog better well last more than 30 days) is to stick with it regardless if I have a binge of Cocoa Puffs one night or not. Previously, one binge would lead to another, and then I'd say "oh why even bother? I'm doomed! Where's the chocolate?"

2 comments:

  1. science and psychology both agree that the more often something starts, the more likely it is to eventually keep going. That wasn't as "poetic" as i would've liked for it to be...but the point is persistence eventually pays off...even in multiple re-starts
    Besides...the beauty in your post is that you keep REstarting...even when you say "oh why even bother? I'm doomed! Where's the chocolate?" because you're here, now
    aren't you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean! And now that you have spoke it, I am going to be on your ass if you find yourself in doomed mindthink ;o)

    ReplyDelete