Wednesday, June 17, 2009

YES, dammit, YES

I went to the gym par usual tonight. Decided that instead of alternating my walk with my jog, I would make the jog stretch a little longer. So I took my current jog (6/10 of a mile...and yes, I know that's not broken down to the LCD) and did it in three 2/10 of a mile jogs. Jog #2 and I WAS IN MY ZONE!!!!! Donna Summer blaring MacArthur Park in my ears and I felt like the puma in the old school Animalympics cartoon. I WAS HOT!!! Literally and figuratively. I didn't complete my final jog set. My body said slow down so I did. And I gave myself a slightly longer cool down period than usual. I made sure I stretched well after it all. And I pray I don't get one of those dang heat headaches. I had sweatdrops falling on my decoulette. My face was beet red (which is always the case when I work out hard). Ladies, I was almost in tears. Seriously. I ROCKED!

One thing I don't do at the gym: look in the mirror. What I see is not me. It's the Used To Be Me molting as the Me Me gets closer and closer to the surface.

And I was home by 8:15 (did you catch that, b? wink)

angel

5 comments:

  1. dang, i just found out that Kit Mambo is a lioness, not a puma. i'm a bit shocka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Very inspirational! :-)

    I need to start working out again and am going to start by bringing in the weights from the garage so I can start working on my arms. woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's the eye of the puma it's the thrill of the fight

    wait, that's not right :)
    you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so how'd the whole 8:15 thing turn out for ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. fine for me; it's never an issue...for me or e ;)

    ReplyDelete