Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This is why success is not measured by avoiding failure

I struggle with compulsive overeating
Food is my drug of choice
I'm working on the reasons for that now

I had a great week according the the principles I laid out for my 30 days
I did not lay out impossible things to avoid because honestly, I do not know yet why I am attracted to them so intensely
When I eat out of emotion, it is definitely NOT because I'm hungry, or craving, or have a taste for something or any rational, conscious reason

This happened before I truly took hold of my day
I accept this
I'm admitting to this (even telling my hub)
I am working on the reasons for this
I stopped this (today)

Then I juiced (orange juice is actually AWESOME if you leave the peel ON)
drove my son to his friend's house for a sleep over
and cut back the azaleas
I felt a wee bit sad for this last thing...but only for a moment
we didn't plant them
they were here when we bought the house
they were planted too close to the house
they've NEVER bloomed
the cuttings will be great food for the compost bin AND the soil where they were is nice and rich! Perfect for some more edibles

I'm working on a healthier me

No comments:

Post a Comment