Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Sunday Sunday...

juiced - yum
even got the hub to taste some
and Bm had some orange juice (love how it's frothy when it's fresh, reminds me of Orange Julius from when I was a kid)

I packed a larabar because I KNEW i'd get hungry between the time church ended and the time our BBQ plans began...goood thinking!
raw veggies and dip to nosh while we visited with the Wag's around their pool

took #1son to Biglots to buy his video camera
he turned 14 a couple of weeks ago and spoke incessantly about the video camera he planned to get...some silly B grade camera from Wally World.
While perusing the local BigLots for Gluten Free finds (yes, they have TONS of them) I spotted the same JVC hybrid recorder we have cheaper for what he was planning to spend at Wally World.... so after our plans today I willingly drove out of our way so he could pick up his cash and headed over to Biglots inspite of the fact it was after 6 on a Sunday and I thought they'd be closed...it wasn't about me or hub, it was about doing something the kid wanted to do

AND they were open
AND Bill was there
Bill is the cool guy with a lazy eye who went to Juilliard and travelled the country singing in his younger years who now works as a cashier at Big Lots...go figure

I giggle now because #1son's camera battery just finished charging and he actually considered recording himself making eggs :)

I didn't get any garden time in today because we spent the day lazing with friends by their pool
but today's message WAS about seeds...and gardening...and nurturing the seeds you really want to grow...so I was in my garden spiritually :)

I even enjoyed some ice cream... enjoyed it
i didn't scarf it
i didn't eat it mindlessly or too much of it
i rolled it around and actually tasted it
had just enough and felt satisfied (sassified)

Now (sigh) I'm half heartedly watching the Magic lose their chance at extending the Finals series...


1 comment:

  1. okay, you gotta save one of those pistachio bars for sedona so i can try one.

    ReplyDelete