Tuesday, June 16, 2009

disjointed

I'm having a hard time keeping up with this blog. I do read your posts and think "yes! I know exactly what you mean!" or "Awesome! less cottage cheese!" but then I get sidetracked and forget to comment.


Anyhow, I'm still here.


I've been eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies and walking 2 miles a day at least five days a week. I also bought a bike trailer with my babysitting money and am adding some biking to the daily routine.

I've had some huge stressors this past month with my kid starting a new school and my mom's cancer scare, and it has honestly been hard to not turn to food for comfort. It's amazing how raw I feel without being able to turn to food.

I had an ice cream cone tonight. It was delicious. But then I came home and made some popcorn with real butter. and a big handful of animal cookies. Not the end of the world but proof that eating sugar is a trigger for me.

I'm so tired. This post is all over the place. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I'll be back. Time to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I read your post and immediately thought,
    what if it's not the sugar that's the trigger...what if it is what led you to the sugar in the first place.

    I'm doing some serious therapy on my emotional reasons for eating
    when I eat (as I mentioned in a previous post here) it's auto pilot
    it's not me now
    it is me "then"
    I'm working on learning who the "then" me is
    she is tied to a much younger me and the therapy is exactly how you described your feeling...RAW...
    but you know, once I can find her, understand her and comfort her in ways that don't include food...we'll be a better person

    I'm right here with you
    hugs

    ReplyDelete